Monday, May 26, 2008

2008 Adidas Classic- Carson, California

Hi everyone,

Well the time is steadily approaching to the 2008 Olympic Trials..and as an elite athlete you realize that there is no going backing in time. You can no longer question, "Is my training good enough, or have I trained my best?" You now have to realize and trust in your coaching staff, training partners and of COURSE yourself, and know that you are prepared!!!

I am both very excited and nervous as I head into my 2nd Olympic Trials. I am happy that I do have a big supportive group of family and friends. My mom is always telling me to go after the win and beat somebody! I actually in each race go after that goal. I want to win races and I want to give a good time. Let's talk about this past meet and ohhhhh it was so close, I actually almost had a win!

Heading into the Adidas Meet, I had a good two weeks of training prior.....I was ready.....all I could do was give my best. California at this time of the year is usually warm but this particular weekend there was a HEAT WAVE!!!! Man it was hot, so hot that I warmed up inside before my race and came out 20 minutes before to get in some fast striders. The race was full of great competitors and I wanted the win but was proud to come in second place.

If you didn't get a chance to see it here is a recap. I was in lane 3 and got out to a good start.....I started to pick it up at the 200 meter mark and realized that I still felt pretty strong and could give more. I dug deep and started to turn over once from the 150 mark as I headed into the last 100. With 100 meters to go I was in 3rd place with 2 Jamaicans on my outside. ....and I made up ground. Myself and the Jamaican we were side by side, she just slightly in the lead, we inched for the finish line and I started to feel as if I had it but she crossed the line in 50.38 and I crossed in 50.41.......so close. It was a great race and I was happy with the time of where I wanted to be right now.

I will be headed to New York next weekend....again I will continue to go after my goal!

No comments: