Sunday, April 13, 2008

2008 Oliver Nikoloff Meet -April 5, 2008


Hello everyone,

As many of you can imagine I was very excited to see that the weather worked out for the University of Cincinnati's second home meet. The Oliver Nikoloff turned out to be very successful both for myself and the UC Team. At this time in April we usually still see some cold weather and sometimes a little snow. But that wasn't the case at all this time, April 5th was about 58 degrees and sunny.

I was using this meet as a warm up meet to see where I was in terms of my training. After not going to the Texas Relays, like I always do every year, I figured running in my own back yard wouldn't be so bad. I didn't quite have the competition like I needed too, so it was up to me running against the clock. In my heat of the 400 meters I had 2 UC top 400 meter runners. As the gun went off I quickly made up all staggers and was in the lead of my own race. I came to the home stretch with the other girls 4 seconds behind me, all I could hear was Coach Brandon Hon from UC screaming Go Mary...through the line!

I crossed the line alone in 51.22. The other 2 UC girls cam across in PB of 55's. They did a great job and I was proud of them. One girl was slightly off my freshman record in the 400 meters. Yes you may be wondering well where does this put you? I was now ahead of the game,last year at my first meet I opened up with a 51.88 Since it is still early in the season it was a world leading time. I haven't checked lately to see if it is still holding, but my goal of course is to keep lowing my time, each week.

Thanks to you all who attended the meet! Hope you had a great time. If your interested we will be hosting a very big event this weekend called the All-Ohio. We will have all the track teams in Ohio come and compete for the title. It should be huge and we are also having a reunion for current and past BEARCATS!! Hope to see you there!!!!!!

No comments: