Monday, March 10, 2008

OUTDOOR SEASON......ready, set, GO!!!

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if you all stayed updated with Team USA this weekend in Valencia, Spain for the 2008 Indoor World Championships. I know many of you are wondering why I didn't attend due to my 3rd place finish at the National Meet. I was eligible to run the relay, but my coach and I already had a plan in place for indoors. Regardless of my place at the National Meet, I would not be attending. Team USA did a great job, I was so excited and nervous for them when I watched the 400 and the 4x400. Fellow 400 meter runners did well excelling to the final and having PB's. Congrats to them!!!!!!!!!

Well today was a very hard day at practice, so hard that I passed out on the pole vault pit afterward. I am happy to be able to train again with no pain! Yes a lot of people didn't know that I battled some injures prior to the meets I participated in this indoor season. The good news that I have is that I am healthy again, and that is nice to know! I was diagnosed with a cyst on my ovary over a month ago and now as of 4 days ago has shrunken and will not be a factor for now. When I heard the news I thanked the Lord!

So back to passing out..hahaha
Don't worry it wasn't a pass out that would require the Emergency Squad. Passing out is track talk for...working out so hard that you feel the intense burn of the workout. Your legs are full of lactic acid, you can barely crawl or walk and the only thing you are thinking about is....HOW TO GET RID OF THE PAIN.

The killer workout was 300 meters...which I usually love. I can't wait to get outside on an outdoor track. We had a lot of snow this past weekend, and it is slowly melting away. After this workout or any hard workout the best thing that I usually do is take a cold cold ice bath. THIS WORKS OUT THE PAIN.
Hope all is well in your life, please be safe and remember working out is good for your health. Try walking or exercising,it can be rewarding!!!!!!!!

No comments: