Monday, January 28, 2008

WOW.....getting ready for the Indoor Season

Well the month of January has finally arrived, meaning INDOOR MEETS!!! As an athlete you question yourself..am I ready? Did I prepare just as I did the year before? What if my first run isn't as good as I want? I try not to think too much as I prepare for my first meet. I try to go in with an open mind and no expectations. If I surprise myself then that is always a good sign and definitely makes my coach happy.

See for me that's my way of making it a little easy..going in there open minded...no expectations, (1) if it's disappointing or (2)if it's worthwhile, there is no pressure. No pressure means I can have fun and enjoy the warm-up meet. I started my training after taking a month off after the World Athletic Final. Durng my time off I enjoyed my family, friends and the opportunity to spend time in my own BED..hahaha. Training has had it's ups and downs, but overall it has been productive. I'm ready and feeling confident.
But boy do I still get those pre meet jitters no matter what size the meet is. During my time off I actually missed it, weird but if you are a true athlete you'll understand.

No comments: