Thursday, August 21, 2008

513 Gets a Medal......Beijing Baby

Well everyone,

It was yet another weird night in track and field. We didn't get the sticks around the track in the USA 4x1's but we did get some medals in other events. The most important medal of the night was from our hometown boy DAVID PAYNE!!!! I saw him earlier in the day and told him to stay focus and be calm. I knew his day would come and things worked out for the best. I am so proud of him and happy that this 2008 Olympics was a success.

Let's give it up for none other than D Payne or better yet straight off the plane Dave! HAHA. Thanks to both the Cincinnati and UC community.....for all your support.

In terms of the relay, I will be stepping on the track and running first leg! Wish us luck.

See you all,
MW

3 comments:

Don said...

Congrats on your friend shining in Beijing.

Papa VonGeorge said...

Mary! I watched you kick butt in the semi-final on t.v. last night. My whole family is so proud of you. And of course, I couldn't resist the immediate satisfaction of watching the results of the gold medal round on the news this morning *spoiler alert* YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it (I mean, I can but its just sooooo awesome)!

Unknown said...

Congrats from your friends @ The Home Depot. The Lighting team is proud and looking forward to catching up with you when you return to the States.

Ken Rye
Merchandising Marketing Manager,
Lighting Deptartment