Wednesday, July 2, 2008

2008 Olympic Trials- 400 meters




Hey everyone,

Things have been going great here in Eugene! The weather has been decent, some days were very hot and besides the smog from the fires in California, things are good. So I know many of you want to know exactly how I am feeling right now leading into the finals. The first thing that comes to mind is a feeling of being BLESSED, I am so thankful for this opportunity! Looking back to 2004, I am definitely a stronger person and athlete. I have taken a journey through the years that has allowed me to get better and better each year. I am ready for this Olympic Trials, I am prepared and may the Lord continue to bless me.

The rounds each day were not too tiring, the goal was to run and place first in my heats. I was happy that I was able to do this and also have two days off after the 2nd round. I have been resting these last two days. Really getting in some good stretching, warm-ups and ice baths, because it is the end of the line. There is nothing that I can do in 2 days that will change how I will run in the final. I have practiced and worked hard all year and what will be will be. I want all my hard work to pay off and that it the plan. Run hard and run strong!!!!!

I am confident after the last two rounds, my body is ready to run and the ultimate goal is to make the team. Thanks to everyone who has been watching the trials or staying updated on line. You guys are the greatest fans in the world and don't think that I don't appreciate you all. It means so much to have someone just routing you on! So please keep the prayers going and let's make this team!

See you all soon,

Mary---
Determination, Desire, and Hope....these things will be in my mind as I get into the blocks on Thursday!!!!)

See you all soon.

3 comments:

David Roesener said...

Congratulations Mary! It will be great seeing you in the Olympics!

Dave
Fellow UC Bearcat!

karlos said...

Congratulations Mary! I saw you on Sports of All Sorts last week and can't wait to watch you at the Olympics! You are truly a class act and a great ambassador for Cincinnati and UC.

Karl
UC '87

papa von george said...

Congratulations, Mary! We are so glad for you up in Michigan (where the george family is for the summer).
You have worked hard and not lost your faith in the Lord.
Matt George